The Ten Commandments for Modern Times
Yes, there are 17. The world is more complex that
- Vote. Democracy only works when people become informed and vote.
- Obey the law. Work to change any laws that are unjust or unfair.
- Enjoy life. Rest and treat yourself well. Take the weekend off.
- Worship as you see fit. Respect the beliefs of others and do not
impose your beliefs on them.
- Honor and respect the worth and dignity of all people. Do not
discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, national origin,
ability or preferences, or anything else.
- Don't kill people unless it is unavoidable. Sometimes war,
abortion and executions are necessary and legal.
- Honor and respect your parents. They gave you your start on
- Honor and respect your marriage and your spouse. Exclusiveness
will suit some relationships but not all. Divorce is sometimes best
all involved. Do it with dignity.
- Honor and respect your children. Nurture and support them until
they have a good start in the world.
- Do not steal. Coveting is natural, but we do not have to
act on it.
- Tell the truth.
- Treat others as you would have them treat you.
- The rich should help the poor. If they do not willingly,
- Respect and preserve the environment, for ourselves and our
- Search for truth and meaning. Question, read, think, learn and
- Work for world peace and freedom and justice for all.
- Don't believe all you read on the WWW, and don't pass on stupid