Fish Soup Provencale
1 T olive oil
2 C chopped onion
1 C chopped green bell pepper
3/4 C chopped red bell pepper
1 garlic clove, minced
¼ t crushed red pepper
¼ t grated orange rind
¼ t thyme
1/8 t fennel seeds
1 14.5 oz. can Italian style whole tomatoes, undrained and chopped
1 bay leaf
2 C peeled baking potato, cubed
1 ½ C water
½ C dry white wine
1 lb. Grouper or other firm white fish filets, cut into 1 in. pieces
2 T chopped fresh parsley
¼ C half and half
¾ t salt
¼ t black pepper
1. Heat oil in stockpot over med-hi heat. Add onion, bell peppers and
garlic; sauté 5 minutes.
2. Add next 6 ingredients (red pepper through bay leaf) and bring to a
3. Add potato, cover and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Add water and wine and bring to a boil. Cook 5 to 10 minutes.
5. Add fish and parsley, bring to a boil; cover and cook for 5 minutes
or until fish is done.
6. Remove from heat; discard the bay leaf. Stir in the half-and-half, salt
and black pepper.
Serves approx. six 1 1/3 C servings.
Calories 188 (23% from fat), Fat 4.7 grams, Protein 17.5 grams, Carbohydrates
Fiber 2.9 grams, Cholesterol 32 mg., Iron 2.2 mg., Sodium 456 mg., Calcium